Delivery and Returns
The Factory Shop Limited - Delivery and Returns Policy
1. Delivery of Products
We deliver to England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Isles of Scilly but currently we do not deliver to the Channel Islands of BFPO addresses. However, in certain circumstances not all products selected can be delivered to your delivery address and this will be stated in your shopping basket before payment. We will deliver the products within a maximum of 30 days beginning with the day following that on which you submit your order to us (unless you and we agree otherwise or you exercise your right to cancel our contract before we arrange delivery and/or performance). As soon as we have delivered the products to you, you will be responsible for them, including any damage that may occur to them. Please note that a signature will be required on all deliveries. If the item arrives damaged please point any damage out to the delivery driver on the day of delivery before signing for your item. You must ensure all damage is noted both on the driver's and your documents and ensure the delivery driver has signed both. This will help to identify where any damage to the product occurs. The products will only be owned by you once we have received payment in full. We will deal with returned products in accordance with paragraphs 3-6 below. NB. i) If purchasing a large item of furniture, large electrical appliances or outdoor toys (“large item”) please check the dimensions of the delivery address for access (including doors, corridors, stairs and corners), as well as the proposed location, before you order, to confirm that the product is the right size for your needs, and to enable us to deliver your order successfully. If the product does not fit into your home, it will be classed as a cancelled order and the collection costs will be incurred by you. ii) Once you have taken delivery of your large item we will only give refunds in accordance with your legal rights. For example, if the products are not fit for purpose or not as described.
2. Cancellation Rights
You have the right to cancel your order for any reason within 15 calendar days of receiving your items. Where you are withdrawing from your purchase within this fifteen day cooling off period we will be happy to refund the purchase within fourteen calendar days of receiving the goods back, or 14 days after receiving notification of the proof of return, providing the items are in fully re-saleable condition. It is your responsibility as the customer to ensure the item is returned suitably packaged and is received in a fully re-saleable condition. Returning any item in a state showing evidence of use beyond that required for necessary handling may result in a reduction of the amount refunded. Postage for returning the item to us will be at your own cost. This does not affect your statutory rights.
3. ReturnsThe Original Factory Shop hope you will be pleased with your products purchased, however if for any reason you would like to return your products, please see details below. This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights. Refunds are available up to a maximum of 30 days after delivery if you are returning an item because of an error on our part or because it is defective. Where a replacement is not required, a full refund for the item will be made along with the original postage, once we have received your returned products. Replacements, due to an error on our part or due to a defect, will be despatched at no additional postage charge. If collection of an item is required, we will charge you the cost of collection (up to £100), you will be notified of this at the time of cancellation. Any delivery or collection charges are non-refundable unless the products are faulty or the cancellation has been made in accordance of your legal rights. It is your responsibility as the customer to ensure the item is returned suitably packaged and is received in a fully re-saleable condition. Returning any item in a state showing evidence of use beyond that required for necessary handling may result in a reduction of the amount refunded. Postage for returning the item to us will be at your own cost. This does not affect your statutory rights. If you have any queries regarding returns, exchanges or refunds please contact our Customer Services team on 0344 8116 155* between Monday to Friday 9am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 5.30pm and Sunday 10.30am - 4.30pm or email us via our Contact Us Page * 0344 8116 155 – Calls to this number will be charged at the standard UK landline rate, subject to your provider. Calls from mobile telephones will cost significantly more, please check with your provider.
4. How to return products to us by postPlease follow the steps below to enable us to process your refund efficiently: - Please return your products with your delivery slip, giving the reason for the return - If you do not have the original delivery slip, please send us a note detailing the reason for the return along with your full contact details; name, address and contact telephone number - In the case of a faulty item, please provide a full description of the fault - We recommend that you obtain proof of postage when returning parcels, as we are unable to accept responsibility for products that fail to reach us Please send your returned products to the address below: The Original Factory Shop, PO BOX25, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE13 1ZG.
5. How to return products to us by storeSimply take your delivery slip and the product you wish to return or exchange to your local The Original Factory Shop and inform the sales assistant that you purchased the item online.
You can find your nearest store by using our Store Locator Page
6. Products we are unable to refund or exchangeWe do not accept returns on opened bedding, opened mattresses, opened mattress toppers, opened duvets, opened pillows, cosmetics, fragrances, earrings, piercing jewellery, swimwear, underwear, perishable products or CD’s,DVD’s,electrical items that have been used or computer software that has been opened unless faulty, damaged, not as described or unfit for intended purpose. NB. Mattresses are non-returnable once they have been removed from the packaging due to health and hygiene reasons. Your statutory rights are not affected. If you have purchased a bed with a mattress please keep the mattress in the original packaging until you have assembled the bed and are satisfied with the purchase. We will only refund your original delivery charges where an item is deemed to be faulty, damaged, not as described or unfit for intended purpose. Your delivery charge will not be refunded if the item is simply unwanted. On multiple product orders the delivery charge will only be refunded if all the products are returned.
We hope that you will never have cause for complaint. However, in the unlikely event you do please contact our Customer Services team on 0344 8116 155* between:
Monday to Friday 9am - 8pm
Saturday 9am - 5.30pm
Sunday10.30am - 4.30pm
Alternatively mail us via our Contact Us Page.
You can also write to us at The Original Factory Shop, PO BOX25, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE13 1ZG.
If you contact us with a complaint we will do our best to resolve it immediately. If this isn't possible, we will aim to resolve it within 3 working days. You will be kept informed of the progress of your complaint.
* 0344 8116 155 – Calls to this number will be charged at the standard UK landline rate, subject to your provider. Calls from mobile telephones will cost significantly more, please check with your provider.
8. Statutory Rights
This policy is not intended to replace or compromise your statutory rights.