The warmer weather has arrived, and nothing seems better than a cheeky tipple with family and friends on a warm summers evening. Whether you’re hosting a BBQ or a birthday bash, celebrate the return of the sunshine with these boozy cocktails. These are 3 of our favourites, which are easy to whip up in your kitchen.
Ingredients: 10 strawberries, 2 limes chopped, 2 tablespoons sugar, fresh mint sprigs, ice, 350ml white rum, 600ml sparkling water and pinch of black pepper.
- Place strawberries, lime and sugar in a large jug. Bruise the mint leaves a little, and add to the jug, with a little pinch of black pepper.
- Add lots of ice and stir in the rum and sparkling water.
Ingredients: 100g golden sugar, 100ml vodka, 50ml freshly brewed coffee, 50ml coffee liqueur (such as Kahlua), coffee beans (to garnish).
- Make a sugar syrup by placing the sugar in a pan with 50ml water. Stir and bring to the boil.
- All the sugar syrup to cool. Place 2 martini glasses in the fridge to chill.
- Once the sugar syrup is cold, pour 1 tablespoon into a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice. Add vodka, expresso coffee and the liqueur and shake for a minute.
- Strain into the cold glasses and garnish with coffee beans.
Easy Summer Sangria
Ingredients: 2 oranges (chopped), 2 pears (chopped), 2 lemons chopped and 1 juiced, 200g red berries (chopped), 3 tablespoons caster sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 750ml bottle light red wine, 100ml brandy, 300ml sparkling water, ice.
- Put the chopped fruit in a bowl and sprinkle over the sugar and cinnamon, then stir to ensure all the berries are coated.
- Cover the berries and leave to macerate in the fridge for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight)
- Fill a large jug with ice. Add the macerated berries to the jug (ensure the sugar is dissolved first). Add the brandy, wine and lemon juice, and top up with sparkling water.
For more easy to make at home more recipes, take a look at the following: