What’s better than warm wholesome meals on a cold autumn day?! No fuss warm wholesome meals! We’ve got two family favourite recipes you can create at home using your Slow cooker and Air Fryer. This Sticky Toffee Pudding is super easy to do and equally as delicious. Plus you don’t want to miss out on making this flavorsome Lasagna for all the family to enjoy….just follow these simple steps below.
Slow Cooker Sticky Toffee Pudding
- 250g Chopped Dates
- 100g Butter (plus extra for the basin)
- 4 tbsp Treacle
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 250g Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 300ml Double Cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Vanilla Ice Cream - to serve
Step by step:
1. Put the dates in a heatproof bowl, cover with 150ml boiling water, and leave to soak for 30 mins. Meanwhile, butter a 1-litre slow cooker basin and line with baking parchment.
2. Tip half the butter, half the treacle, the vanilla extract, 75g of the sugar and the cream into a pan. Cook for 4-5 mins on a medium heat, stir until the sugar dissolves. Once dissolved, turn up the heat and allow the mixture to bubble for 3 mins. Whisk in a pinch of salt and pour a third of the sauce into the lined basin. Place the remaining sauce to one side.
3. In a bowl, beat the remaining butter, treacle, sugar and eggs together. Fold in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, a quarter tsp of salt, the dates and their soaking liquid. Pour into the basin and smooth the surface, leaving a 1cm gap from the top. Cover with a double layer of baking parchment and foil, allowing extra in the middle so the pudding can expand.
4. Set the slow cooker to low. Place the basin inside and add boiling water so it comes halfway up the basin. Cover and cook for 7-8 hrs.
5. Remove from the slow cooker and transfer onto a plate. Reheat the remaining sauce, pour over and serve with ice cream. Enjoy!
Recipe from BBC Good Food.
Air Fryer Lasagne
- Lasagna Sheets
- Cheese sauce
- 750g Minced Beef
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Can Tinned Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 2 tbsp Parsley
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil Spray
Step by step:
- Place your chopped onion into the air fryer basket. Add a little olive oil and cook for 3 minutes at 180c.
- Whilst the onion is cooking, place your dried lasagna sheets into a shallow dish with water and soak until soft.
- Once the onions are cooked, load them into a separate silicone dish. Add the mince, salt & pepper, half the parsley and half the chopped garlic and air fry for 5 minutes at 180c. Stir, and then cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Move the mixture into a mixing bowl, and add the oregano, tomato puree, tinned tomatoes and the remaining garlic and parsley.
- Using the previous silicone bowl, start to build your lasagna using the soft lasagna sheets and the mince mixture.
- Top with the cheese sauce, place in the air fryer and cook for a further 15 minutes at 180c or until golden on top. Serve with garlic bread and salad!
Recipe from Ninja recipes.
For more tasty recipes, take a look at: