On a tight budget? Well did you know students get 10% off? Students can save all year round at The Original Factory Shop with their student discount! So, why pay more?
Whether you or your loved ones are off to university for the first time this September (hooray for getting in), it’s worth making a list of all the essentials you need to take with you to student halls and beyond. From toasters to tea towels, and a kettles to coat hangers we’ve got some great value essentials to make sure you’re fully equipped for the next chapter. Being a university fresher may be a little different in 2021, so let us help take the stress out of the situation with our top 12 for setting up your new student space. Go on bag yourself a bargain.
Bedding & Cushions
Well after all you need nice bedding to nurse a sore head after a night out, right? All jokes aside we all know how important sleep is for our overall well-being, so what better place to start than the bedroom. A good quality duvet set, pillows and duvets are a must! Add some colourful cushions and throws to add a personal touch and some cosy comfort. Last but not least a mattress topper is a must if you're worried that your bed won't be super comfy.
Pots, Pans & Kitchen Supplies
There is nothing wrong with beans on toast and pot noodles, in fact they can be delicious! Although ,if you’re planning on whipping up a storm in the kitchen (including the odd fry-up), you’ll need your kitchen basics to keep you covered from saucepans to utensils.
Everything In Its Place
Keep clutter at bay with clever storage solutions to suit any size space. Under-bed storage is great for keeping shoes out of sight, wicker baskets double up as decorative accents and small plastic storage is great for organising your clothing in your wardrobe. Keep documents together letter trays and live that ‘Tidy desk, tidy mind’ mantra.
Feels like home
Finally, student accommodation doesn’t have to be dreary, you can add some affordable finishing touches to really up that cosy factor and turn your new pad into a little home from home. Add some artificial plants for colour and forget about remembering to water them. Place some photo frames of your nearest and dearest around your room or hang some of your favourite wall art. Cushions and rugs are a cosy way to add style and colour to a room and we have a gorgeous selection at great prices.
Our Top 12...
1. Duvet Set: Fusion Easy Care Orche Duvet Set. Double only £16, RRP £50, Save £34!
2. 20cm Frying Pan: Perfect for those morning after fry-ups. Only £5 and you can reserve and collect.
3. Towels: Check out our range of Christy Towels from just £5
4. Plates & Bowls: More than one set means you don’t have to wash up 2/7. Marble Effect 12 Piece Dinner Set, only £20 – Bargain!
6. Toastie Maker: What could be more essential than a panini and toastie maker. Only £25, RRP £49.99, Save £24.99
7. Silentnight Ultra Bounce Duvet: 13.5 Tog, only £18 and available to reserve and collect.
8. Under-bed Storage: You can never have enough storage! Pack of 5 Under-Bed Storage only £30
9. Laundry Bin: We’re loving this Fabric Stripe Laundry Bin for only £10
10. Over Door 5 Hook Hanger: The humble over door hanger is an unsung hero. Only £6
12. 8 Pack Hangers: What’s the point of a wardrobe with no hanger. Only £3
So while flying the nest for a new start may seem daunting at least we have you covered with our one-stop shop for student essentials.
Good luck to you all on your new adventure!