January is the month of year know for new years resolutions full of promises to be more active, eat healthy nutritious meals, and to drink more water. Many fall off the wagon only a couple weeks into the month, but we’ve got you covered with healthy, delicious recipes to keep you on the straight and narrow. Meals packed with flavour, punch, crunch and zing as well as easy to pull together. Healthy doesn’t mean boring in our book.
Supergreen Soup with Yogurt & Pine Nuts
Ingredients: 1 onion chopped, 2 cloves garlic crushed, 1 potato (250g) cubed, 600ml vegetable stock, 120g mixed bag watercress, rocket and spinach, 150g natural yogurt, 20 pin nuts toasted, 2tbsp olive oil and chilli oil to serve (optional).
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, and a pinch of salt. Cook slowly for 10 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally (do not colour). Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the potatoes and vegetable stock, simmer for 10-12 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the mixed leaves and wilt for around 1 minute. Then blitz the soup in a blender until smooth.
- Serve with a big dollop of yogurt, pine nuts and chilli oil.
Chorizo & Cod Traybake
Ingredients: 50g pankco breadcrumbs, 1 clove garlic, zest of 1 lemon, 30g parsley, 30g tarragon, 200g chorizo sausage (cut in to rounds), 300g fresh cod (cut into large chunks), 350g new potatoes (par boiled and sliced in half), 160g jar artichokes, 50g pitted green olives, 70g sun-blushed tomatoes, salt and pepper, handful rocket leaves and olive oil.
- Preheat the oven and baking tray to 180 degrees (160 fan assisted).
- Add breadcrumbs, garlic, lemon zest, parsley and tarragon to a food processor and blitz until you have a vibrant green crumb.
- In a frying pan over a medium heat, fry off the chorizo until it releases its oil and set aside but keep the oil.
- Dip the cod chunks in the herb breadcrumb and set aside.
- Add potatoes, artichokes, olives and tomatoes with a little oil to a baking tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, add the chorizo and cod on top and season to taste. Place the tray back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Once cooked serve with a handful of rocket.
Need more inspiration for January, then take a look at the following: